How To Capture Screen Shots with Snipping Tool
Sometimes the easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen - this is what Snipping Tool does. You can capture part or all of your PC screen, add notes, save the snip, or email it right from the Snipping Tool window.
To capture a snip, do the following:
- Click on the Start button
- In the search box, type "Snipping Tool"
- In the list of results, click Snipping Tool
- Click the arrow next to the New button and select one of the following:
- Free-form Snip - Draw any shape around an object with your finger, mouse, or tablet pen.
- Rectangular Snip - Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
- Window Snip - Choose a window—like a browser window or a dialog box.
- Full-screen Snip - Capture the entire screen.
- Select the area of your screen that you want to capture
- The captured area of the screen appears in the mark-up window, where you can write or draw on it, save it, and send it to someone in e‑mail.