How To Setup Out of Office Messages
An out of office message is an automatic email reply to all email you received during a specific period of time. This is most often used to inform people you are away from the office.
- Click on File
- Click on Info in the left column
- Click on Automatic Replies in the middle of the window
- Click on “Send automatic replies” and check off “Only send during this time range”
- Set the Start time and End time. Your message will automatically send during this time.
- Type a message into the box at the bottom of the window. This is the message that will be sent to anyone inside the company.
- Click on the Outside My Organization tab
- Type a message into the box at the bottom of the window. This is the message that will be sent to anyone outside of the company.
- Click OK to save these settings.
Note: If you selected the “Only send during this time range” option in step 2, the Automatic Replies (Out of Office) feature will continue to run until the date and time set for the End Time in step 3 is reached. Otherwise, the Automatic Replies will continue to run until you repeat step 1 & 2 and select the “Do not send automatic replies” option.