Using Sticky Notes
You can use Sticky Notes to write a to-do list, jot down a phone number, or do anything else that you'd use a pad of paper for.
To create a new sticky note
- Click on Start
- Type Sticky Notes into the search box and click on Sticky Notes in the list of results
- To create additional notes, click the New Note button
You can also open a new note by pressing Ctrl+N.
Tip: To resize a note, drag an edge or corner of the note to make it larger or smaller.
To delete a sticky note
When you've finished using a note, you can delete it to clean up your desktop.
- Click the Delete Note
- In the Sticky Notes dialog box, click Yes.
You can also delete a note by pressing Ctrl+D.
Note: Sticky Notes closes if you delete all of your notes. To create a new note, reopen Sticky Notes.
To change the color of a sticky note
- Right-click the note that you want to change, and then click a color.
To format text in a sticky note
You can format text, add bullets to make a list, or change the text size by using keyboard shortcuts. Here's how:
- Select the text that you want to change.
- Use the following keyboard shortcuts to format the text on your note:
Type of formatting
(Press this keyboard shortcut again to switch to a numbered list.)
Increased text size
Decreased text size