How To Use Secure Print
If you are printing sensitive information to a shared Xerox printer, you can use a feature called Secure Print to protect your print jobs. Secure print tells the Xerox to wait until you enter a personal passcode before printing out your jobs. This is also a great way to print multiple print jobs all at once to prevent them from being mixed in with other people’s print jobs.
Note: This only works with the following Xerox models - 5855, 5875, 5955, 7455
- Click on File > Print within the application
- Choose your Xerox printer then click on Printer Properties
- Change Job Type from “Normal Print” to “Secure Print”
- Enter a 4-10 digit passcode then click on OK twice to close the properties window.
- Click Print
- At the Xerox Printer press the Job Status button
- Tap on the Secure Print Jobs tab
- Tap on your name in the list and enter your passcode from step 4 when prompted.
- Tap on Release All to print out all secure print jobs at once.