How To Remotely Access Your Workstation From a Mac
Working from home or “Remote Access” is only available after being enabled by IT per your Manager’s request.
- SonicWALL Mobile Connect must be installed and connected. Click here for more info.
- Your work computer must be on. Logging off or restarting will not prevent you from working remotely.
- You must have your computer’s name. Click here for more info.
- This process assumes you are using an Apple computer (Mac) at home. If you are using a Windows computer, see How To Remotely Access Your Workstation
- On your Mac, click on the App Store icon.
- In the Search field, type "Microsoft Remote Desktop" and press Enter.
- In the search results, click on Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- Click on Get and then Install. When the installation is complete, you will see the SonicWALL Mobile Connect icon in the Applications folder and in Launchpad.
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Launchpad.
- Click on New
- Enter the following information:
- Click on close to save the connection
- Double click on “Work” under My Desktops
- A window should open showing you your work computer. If there are any security prompts, click OK or Allow.
Once everything has been installed and configured, you only need to Connect SonicWALL Mobile Connect, then Connect to your Workstation using Microsoft Remote Desktop in the future.